Monday, October 17, 2011

Marvellous Monday




via MutualArt.com

I am certainly no art critic, I am not familar with the correct terms or artistic analysis, however when I see a art that moves me I find it hard to shake the image. I  love this painting by Guan Wei : Play at the Beach No11.  He is a Chinese-Australian artist who has since moved back to China under close watch by the Chinese authorities, as recently discussed in the Sydney Morning Herald. The article also noted it has been revealed he has panels of his art hanging on the walls of Cate Blanchett's Hunter's Hill home. These are only some of the panels from his Play at the Beach series.
He recently sold 4 Works: Without Interest, Nothing to say, Not Interested, Not Fun at Sotheby's for approx $21 765.00 AUD.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...