Monday, November 7, 2011

Christmas Dressing

via EllensClayCreations on Etsy

We leave for our holiday before Christmas and I have been wondering about the merits of putting up the Christmas Tree this year.  I don't think it's something we can avoid. The boys love dressing it  and the whole thing kind of snowballs. Generally I just let them attack the tree from all angles and as high as a step ladder will take them. This year I was thinking about starting a theme ie blue and green etc. Two things have stopped me 1. They are children and Christmas is really for them, so they should be able to dress the tree anyway they like, there are enough rules every other day of the week. I can wait another 7 or 8 years then put my mark on it. 2. The little handpainted bird ornament I just found on etsy would not fit that theme and it is so lovely and apparently doesn't cost $30 for one ornament (a lot less in fact).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...