Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's going swimmingly

I have started swimming again. It has been a long time between drinks so to speak. However I am really enjoying it. It does start at the ungodly hour of 5am, ridiculous yes, however I am finding I am waking up naturally and words do not describe how good that first coffee is at 6.15 after an hour in the pool. I have only been twice so far however am optimistically aiming for three times a week as of next Monday. The group seem really friendly, yet what I really enjoy about swimming is the quiet. Actually there are a few things - the quiet, the put your head down and do it, not being aware (at this stage anyway) of what anyone else is doing, and the feeling that at the end of that hour of 35min drills and 25 min sprints I have done something for myself.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...